Sunday, April 13, 2014

Caklempong

Caklempong?? What’s that??Here, I want to share a little info about the caklempong. 

Caklempong is a traditional music. It was brought into Negeri Sembilan, Malay Peninsula by the Minangkabau people of West Sumatra in 14th century. Minangkabau society call the caklempong as telempong. Talempong can be used to play a wide variety of music, including both traditional or modern. Caklempong has three main sets which is set Caklempong Gereteh, Tingkah and Saua. 

Gereteh

Actually, I also don't know what is caklempong. My first time heard about caklempong is about 2 years ago when I got caklempong as my cocuriculum.When I heard that I was very shocked because I don't know how to play and I don't have talent to play musical instrument but I try to do it. I spent for four semester to play caklempong. This is one of the song that I learned in caklempong class, actually this video when I was semester four. Enjoy.. :-)



2 comments :

Zierwa Zainal on April 19, 2014 at 9:28 AM said...

love this.. Interesting.. It was a good experience.. :) Love Ko-k..:)

Unknown on April 22, 2014 at 10:06 PM said...

the best moment in UUM... :-)

Start your day with Bismillah
 

Hanie Hamzah Copyright © 2013 Designed by Alieff Artwork